Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hasta Luego en vez de Adios

I can't believe I'm back in the states, the time went by so fast. I miss Mexico already. My host family wouldn't let me cry, they told me we couldn't cry or say adios because it wasn't goodbye it was hasta luego, or see you later because I have every intention of coming back. The principal even said that if I stay in touch after I graduate there could be a job there for me, which would be absolutely awesome. The last few days there were wonderful. My students threw me a party for my birthday. There was tons of food and we took lots of pictures. Friday was las olimpiadas and of course my 6th graders dominated. They are all so athletic. Varmond placed in almost every event we participated in. We had one race where first through fourth place were all taken by my 6th graders. Then in the afternoon I went to lunch with some of the teachers and go to say my goodbyes and then after that to Peter Piper Pizza, which is like Chuck E Cheese's to say goodbye to my carpool kids. I can't wait to show everyone all my pictures and show you all my students. I miss them so much. It was really strange not to get up to go to school with them on Monday. It's hard to believe that next week I transition to first graders a whole new world compared to my outspoken 6th graders. I will definitely never forget this experience, it was one of the greatest of my life. I am so fortunate to have had this opportunity and to have met everyone that I did. I am really glad that I got to be the one to pave the way for others to have this experience in the future, and I can't wait to go back and see everyone again.

No comments: