Monday, March 10, 2008

la semana final :(

Wow I can´t believe today was my last Monday at Varmond. I´m going to miss it so much. Everyone there is so great, the teachers and the students. Today was a good day the students were pretty well behaved and we were all joking around at recess. I´m going to miss their smart mouth jokes and the way they look at me when I pronounce something wrong or when they pretend not to understand me when I talk in English.
This weekend was fun I went to a water park Saturday during the day and got a little burnt but at least I´m finally making some progress and starting to look a little less out of place. Saturday night I went to a bar with some of the teachers from Varmond to hang out. It was incredible, the bar is outdoors up in the mountains so you wear blankets and can see the stars and an incredible view of the city at night.
I am so very lucky to be here and to have spent my time with such amazing people. I´m going to miss the people the most, and my host mom´s cooking! This week is going to go by so fast. I can´t believe I have less than a week. Thursday is my birthday and the students have their Olympics so that will definitely be a busy day. I´ll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie, Can't wait to see you and see all your pictures and hear about your trip in person. We Love & Miss You Cousin Jenny