Monday, March 3, 2008

Una fin de semana muy ocupada

I was definitely busy this weekend I feel kind of bad that I was hardly home. Friday night I went to the disco again and was out way late because they don´t close til 4am here. Then up on Saturday and off to Pátzcuaro with friends from the CCL to say goodbye to Katie before she left for Mexico City. Which I´m very excited for her she´s trying out for the Mexican national soccer team and if she makes it she might get to go with them to the Olympics. How cool is that? She´s half Mexican so she´s elligible to try out and she plays soccer for her college team. But anyway we went to Pátzcuaro for lunch with two of the teachers from the CCL to this restaurant called Rancho la Mesa. First of all the food was incredible and second the view of el lago de Pátzcuaro and the islands in it was incredible. We were up on a mountain a little and could see alot of the city and the lake and two of the four islands, it was beautiful. We listened to a mariachi band for a little while and then went down into the center of Pátzcuaro to walk around and eat nieve de pasta, the best ice cream ever. I´m gonna have to figure out how to get some in the states :). Then on Sunday it was Dia de La Familia, my host family tells me they have days for almost everyone here which I think is great. We all went to mass together the whole family all three of their kids and their families then back to the house for a big, delicious lunch. I´m really going to miss their cooking. Then after lunch I did a few things for school before getting ready to go to a wedding with Roberto. He picked me up to go with him and his family to the reception part. It would have been nice to see how the actual ceremony was but it was really nice of him to invite me. The food was good, his family was very nice, and I met the parents of two of my students because they are Roberto´s sisters. The dancing was so much fun. Almost every one here is a fabulous dancer it´s great. We were out til 1am on a school night. I´m going to miss it here so much everyone is wonderful so welcoming of me, a complete stranger. I really want to come back someday possibly even to stay for a year or two to work, but no matter what I definitely have to come back to visit to see all of these people again. I can´t believe I only have 13 days left. It´s gone by so fast.
Tomorrow starts English exams for my students so I´ll be busy making review games all week. Cross your fingers that they actually study for the exams, I know I´ll have mine crossed. More later! :)

No comments: